Alexandra Schmidt is an American blogger, travel writer, and travel agent based full-time in Dubrovnik, Croatia. She studied political science and journalism at Loyola University Chicago in 2016. She has explored her Croatian roots over the past five years, and has been living in Croatia full-time for three years.
In addition to covering Croatia extensively on her blog, she has covered the region of Croatia for the following publications below.
On-Camera Travel Hosting
BBC Travel Channel
Professional Travel Writing
American Way Magazine
- Original Game of Thrones Tour Review (Print)
- A Local’s Guide to Dubrovnik
- (Recently removed from website since discontinuing service to Dubrovnik)
The Dubrovnik Times
- Why I left Chicago for Croatia
- Croatian Coffee Culture: Learning to Sit Still
- What’s Wrong with Living with Your Parents, America?
- An American’s First Badnjak Experience
Croatia Week Magazine
- An American’s Observations of Croatian Cultural Customs
- The Reverse Culture Shock After Leaving Croatia
- Tavulin Wine and Art Bar: A Taste of Authentic Dubrovnik
- Best Vegetarian Restaurants in Croatia
- 5 Dubrovnik Restaurants with an Epic View