Welcome to the least-sexy, yet one of the most important pages on my website. Kind of like doing laundry: tedious, but necessary.
Here at the Mindful Mermaid Travel and Lifestyle Blog, transparency is of the utmost importance. In summary:
- It is my personal promise to always disclose sponsorships, affiliate links, and paid campaigns covered in the content of this site.
- This site only collects information to improve your user-experience. Nothing sketchy, pinky promise.
Below is some legal jargon that you should be mindful of when browsing this site.
Please note that this website works with affiliate programs on a commission basis, at no extra cost to you. These merchants, such as booking.com and Getyourguide.com, will be compensated if you book directly through my site.
You do not have to click any link mentioned on my website. However, these custom links help me run my site with free information and pay the bills. Also, I only recommend products or services that I use myself.
Again, no extra cost to you!
Partnerships and sponsorships
Occasionally on the Mindful Mermaid, you will find that this website partners with DMOs (Destination Marketing Organizations), Tourist Boards, Airlines, and relevant brands.
Please note that I am very selective about these collaborations, and only choose to work with other businesses and organizations that I believe are relevant to mindful travel and lifestyle.
Rest assured that these partnerships will always be disclosed within any post that may be in anyway sponsored or comped.
GDPR Compliance for EU Visitors
GDPR is a policy enacted by the European Union in May 2018 to protect and ensure the rights of users on the web. Within this policy, it is required that our site explains the following:
- Cookie data is shared with Mediavine, our advertising partner.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter OR leave a comment on a blog, your name and e-mail will be collected.
- This site will NEVER sell your personal information or share with other third parties.
You should know you have the right to:
- Be informed about what data is collected
- Access this cookie data collected from your browser experience
- Ask to change or delete any data about you
- Unsubscribe from any newsletters you receive
Information Submitted Voluntarily: We may collect information such as name or e-mail address if you submit this information for a comment, newsletter or contact form.
Information Automatically Collected: When you visit this website, we automatically collect data about you and your device. When you use this website, we may collect:
- Your IP Address
- Device used (Mobile, tablet, or desktop)
- Operating system
- Browser type
- Referring website
- Time of day/date of access
- Links clicked
- Pages viewed and time on page.
All of the above information is anonymized for your security.
Your information may be used to:
- Operate and maintain this website
- Send you newsletters that you have opted in to
- Respond to your questions and/or e-mails
- Track and measure website statistics
- Protect, investigate, and deter against illegal or unauthorized activity.
Third-party use of personal information.
We only share any of the above personal identifiable information with trusted third parties, when you opt-in for us to authorize us to share this information. These third-party services help run various aspects of this website. We use Google Analytics to keep track of data to improve this site.
The Mindful Mermaid blog is a member of Mediavine Advertising Network, which serves content, advertisements when you visit this website. This is personalized based on your cookies as described above.
Sensitive Personal Information
At no time should you submit sensitive information that you would not like to disclose to this website. If you leave a comment on a blog post, it may be made public, though your e-mail will not be.
This website has not collected any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16 knowingly. If a parent or guardian believe that this website has collected this information of a person under the age of 16 in our database, please contact us here. We will remove such information from our database.
If you have any other questions about our privacy police, please get in touch.